Bankruptcy Attorney Serving Louisville
In 1966 Dennis Kurtz, Christopher Kurtz’s father, founded the Kurtz Law Office. Dennis has since passed, leaving Christopher Kurtz as the attorney at the Kurtz law office. After completing more than a thousand bankruptcy cases over the past twenty-five years, the Christopher Kurtz Law Office transitioned into more of a boutique law firm. What we have never lost, however, is our commitment to our clients, and our passion for helping consumers solve their financial issues and get a fresh start. Quite often, hard-working, responsible individuals may find themselves struggling financially.
Perhaps they have unexpected medical expenses, lost a job, are going through a divorce, or have simply gotten bogged down in credit card debt. Whatever the reason, we understand the stress and anxiety that accompanies financial problems. At Christopher Kurtz Law Office we not only focus in bankruptcy cases, we also help those in need of legal assistance for a real estate transaction, a commercial real estate tax appeal, those who are facing commercial litigation or a personal injury claim or those who have decided it is time for an estate plan.
For all these practice areas, we offer exemplary legal assistance, while focusing on honesty and trust. When you become a client of the Christopher Kurtz Law Office, you can expect highly individualized attention and affordable legal representation. You will have one-on-one meetings with Christopher Kurtz and will not be passed along to staff members. Christopher Kurtz is a native of Louisville. He completed his law degree at the University of Dayton, then joined his father at his law practice. The father and son team ultimately grew their bankruptcy law practice into one of the largest volume filers of bankruptcy cases in Kentucky prior to Dennis Kurtz’s passing. Attorney Christopher Kurtz additionally has extensive experience in real estate, including commercial real estate tax appeal cases and commercial litigation issues. At the Christopher Kurtz Law Office, we can help you with any of the following legal issues:
- Bankruptcy—We believe the old adage that bad things sometimes happen to good people is particularly applicable regarding financial issues. Many times, financial troubles occur through no real fault of your own. Perhaps you are facing unexpected medical expenses for yourself or a family member. Your medical issues could be so severe that you have been unable to return to work, therefore are unable to pay your normal monthly expenses. You may have gotten into credit card debt that has left you unable to make even the minimum monthly payments. You may be going through a divorce or could have lost your job. Whatever your particular circumstances, we have compassion for the situation you now find yourself in and will work hard to help you have a much more positive financial future. While financial devastation can happen to the best people, you deserve quality legal assistance to help you through this difficult time. We will help you through the entire bankruptcy process, assisting you in getting back on your feet financially, getting the second chance you need and deserve.
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy—Chapter 13 bankruptcy is also known as debt reorganization or wage-earners bankruptcy. Chapter 13 bankruptcy can help you pay your debts while protecting your assets. At the Kurtz Law Office, we will do what we can to stop a foreclosure on your home, as well as garnishments, repossessions, tax levies, and tax sales. Chapter 13 bankruptcy can be complex, therefore, having an experienced, knowledgeable Kentucky bankruptcy attorney by your side can give you peace of mind, knowing the decisions you make now will be good for your future.
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy—Chapter 7 bankruptcy is sometimes known as liquidation bankruptcy. Chapter 7 bankruptcy can help you if you feel you are literally drowning in debt, to get a fresh financial start. Like Chapter 13 bankruptcy, Chapter 7 bankruptcy laws can be complex. We will help you keep any property that is exempt under the bankruptcy code while working toward wiping the slate clean of your debts.
At the Christopher Kurtz Law Office, our motto is “Let us solve your financial problems and give you peace of mind.”
- Real Estate—Real estate transactions can be full of unexpected complexities. When you are involved in real estate transactions, you are probably making some of the most expensive investments you will make during your entire lifetime. Few people are familiar with real estate laws, therefore having a legal real estate professional by your side during the purchase and sale of real estate, during real estate disputes, or when there are other problems with contracts can be an invaluable asset. Christopher Kurtz can prepare and review purchase agreements, mortgage documents, transfer documents, and title documents. Christopher Kurtz is a real estate attorney who will ensure the proper procedures are followed when you acquire property. Every real estate transaction comes with its own unique set of circumstances; therefore, attorney Kurtz will fully evaluate your real estate issue, working closely with you to understand your goals.
- Wills and Estates—Far too many adults put off thinking about an estate plan as long as they possibly can. Others believe that only the super-rich need an estate plan. If you care about what happens to your assets and your loved ones after you pass, you need an estate plan. Your estate plan will fully reflect your circumstances and can be as simple as having a will, or more complex, including a trust and other estate planning documents. It is important that you have measures in place which would allow another responsible person to take over your financial duties if you were to become incapacitated, making decisions on your behalf, if you are unable to do so. Attorney Christopher Kurtz can prepare the estate planning documents which make sense for you and your unique situation, helping you reach good solutions for your estate and your family. Whether preparing wills, trusts, other estate planning documents, Christopher Kurtz will help you with your estate plan, even helping your family avoid probate, whenever possible.
- Commercial Real Estate Tax Appeals—The Christopher Kurtz Law Office can help you successfully challenge a commercial real estate tax increase, saving you significant amounts of money. Commercial properties are assessed and taxed at a higher rate than residential properties, therefore if the assessed value for your commercial property has significantly increased, you can expect to see a corresponding increase in your annual property taxes. Attorney Kurtz is very familiar with the different approaches used by assessors to determine the fair market value of your property (income approach, market sales approach and cost approach), and can address any of those approaches in a thorough, knowledgeable manner.
- Large Commercial Litigation—Commercial litigation disputes are becoming increasingly difficult to navigate. Businesses are often international or must deal with increasing corporate scrutiny as well as ever-changing regulatory requirements. Regardless of the specific commercial business issue, the stakes are generally high, with individuals and corporations looking to reduce their risk. When commercial litigation occurs, the goal is generally to solve the issue in the most cost-effective, efficient manner possible. Experience is crucial in reaching this goal. The Christopher Kurtz Law Office offers strong representation for clients in all stages of commercial litigation. We provide our clients with strong support and are knowledgeable in all issues surrounding commercial litigation. When attorney Kurtz takes your commercial litigation case, he will be by your side during the entire process, devoting his energy and resources to achieving a favorable outcome. Whether you are facing a breach of contract, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, partnership disputes or other business disputes, the Christopher Kurtz Law Office can help.
- Personal Injury Claims—When you have been injured as a result of the negligence of another person or entity, you may have a valid personal injury claim. The aftermath of your accident can be very difficult. You may be seriously injured, facing a long recovery, and may have even lost your job due to your inability to work because of your injuries. You may be frustrated after dealing with insurance companies who are nothing like those you see advertised on television. In fact, it may now be very clear that your insurance company does not have your future and your best interests at heart. You may have been offered a settlement which will not even cover your medical expenses and can be frustrated, stressed, and angry. The Kurtz Law Office can help you through this difficult time. We are highly experienced in dealing with insurance companies, convincing them to pay what claims are actually worth. We can help you get the medical treatment you need and will work hard to get you a settlement which includes medical expenses, lost wages, lost future income, and even pain and suffering. Attorney Christopher Kurtz can answer your questions and guide you through the legal process of a personal injury claim, making it as painless as possible.
Why Contact the Christopher Kurtz Law Office?
You may be facing a bankruptcy or other important real estate or personal injury issue. Whatever your legal problem, you need high-quality, knowledgeable legal representation. Christopher Kurtz offers those qualities and much more. We have one attorney and two staff members and will always go the extra mile to help you solve your legal issue. We are conveniently located in the Highlands, at 608 Baxter Avenue, Louisville, Kentucky. If personal, highly experienced legal assistance is what you want, contact the Christopher Kurtz Law Office today.